To enable you to use the Banking IDentity for electronic identification, first we have to register you to the National Point for Identification and Authentication (NIA). If you are not able to use the Banking IDentity we probably did not manage to verify your identity against the Residents Register (Registr obyvatel). The most frequent causes involve unsuitable proof of identity or not granted consent. Without them the Banking IDentity cannot be used.
What shall you do?
1. Check whether you presented to us an electronically readable proof of identity. Usually, it means:
- Proof of identity issued by the Czech Republic (e.g. ID card and passport)
- Permanent, short-term or long-term residence permit issued by the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic
Electronically readable proof of identity, i.e. in the form of a plastic card is required for verification of your identity.
Identification documents that probably cannot be used:
- Driver’s licence issued by the Czech Republic
- Passport issued outside the Czech Republic
- Residence and visa stickers
- Certificates of permanent residence permit – an EU Citizen
- Temporary residence certificate issued by the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic
Unfortunately, we are not able to identify documents which are not electronically readable. At present we are discussing additional options for documents that are suitable for verification. Negotiations are in progress with the Ministry of Interior (Department for Asylum and Migration Policy) which issues documents for foreigners.
Therefore, in the future it should be possible also for the EU citizens living in the Czech Republic (e.g. from Slovakia, Poland, etc.) to use the Banking IDentity as the means of electronic identification.
2. Check whether your proof of identity in Mobile George or in George internet banking is current and valid.
How to do it?
- In the upper menu of George internet banking under the cogwheel icon (Settings) click on the Contact details.
- Then select option Modify and display.
- To display all details, click on Expand more/ Expand (Zobrazit více/Rozbalit).
- If some details are not updated you can modify them immediately. Save the changes with the Confirm button.
3. Please check whether you have granted the so-called Consent with the use of Banking IDentity for verification at public administration and third parties in the Third Party Management application. If not, you will grant the consent by clicking. Link to the application is available in the upper menu of George internet banking under the cogwheel icon (Settings).
If everything is correct, yet you still cannot log through the Banking IDentity, call us at 800 207 207 and we will solve it together.